Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 5, leaving Sedona for the Grand Canyon

By now you probably are wondering why we haven’t blogged. When we arrived at the Canyon we could not get a signal strong enough to do anything so I am writing now and saving our blogs and when we get a signal, you will get them all at once.

We left Sedona around 11:30 a.m and headed for the Canyon. We arrived in the park around 3:00 and drove 25 miles to our campground. We stopped and caught our first viewing of the Canyon and we couldn’t believe what we saw. I was so over-whelmed, I couldn’t breath and my stomach turned. I had to back away from it because I felt so drawn to it. It over-whelms your senses. Such color and such textures. The grandeur of it cannot be captured in pictures. Even post cards cannot do it justice.

We arrived in our campground around 4:30 and I immediately started cooking chili. The temp. was only 60 so we had to warm up. Our campground had no hook-ups. Our ranger friends, Kim and Jeremy Ropp came over with their doggies and visited. Then we all went over to their house and ate chili. We will be forever grateful to them for showing us around and getting our camp spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment