Friday, May 29, 2009

May 28, 29 Crossing the Continental Divide

Hi loved ones, Yesterday we left our little mountain hideaway and visited the White Sands Missile Range. You will see the pictures of the missiles. ( It's a guy thing) Our last night in New Mexico was spent in a nice campground. We left this morning and crossed into Arizona. We are going to Tombstone tomorrow and spend the day. We spent some time studying the various plants, trees and cactus. The prickly pear seems the most abundant here, as well as the Mesquite tree, the Desert Willow and the Ocopilla plant. I am having trouble distinguishing the various cacti. There are so many. I am still in awe of the beautiful mountains and the desert. Did you notice our little furry friend we took a picture of? Not something we want to pick up and play with. We will write more tomorrow. Love ya

1 comment:

  1. I believe the correct term is cacti (well, for plural anyway). :) Take pictures of some cool plants and trees... I'm such a biology nerd. Please tell me that furry monster was not free to roam anywhere near where you were camping... I'll be permanently scarred.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete