Monday, May 18, 2009

Mon. May 18

Hi guys, We sent you pictures of yesterdays happenings. The blow-up hand grenade says it all, doesn't it? Bourbon street in all of it's glory. The Cathedral picture is our favorite. So we are finished in New Orleans and are in the St. Charles area in Louisiana. We drove 250 miles today. We are staying at Sam Houston Jones Campground. It is a lovely, shaded park with a beautiful lake. We took a nice bike ride and I took a long walk. Tomorrow we will be in Texas. All in all, our experience in New Orleans was high fun. Wish you were here. Oh, Tom said that when we get into Texas our I.Q. will go down 20 points. I say it will probably be more. Love you all

2 comments:

  1. Hello world travelers :-) Sounds and looks like you guys are having a gr8 time. I don't know what you're going to do in Texas but if you are going to pass San Antonio it's a must see. There is a man made branch of the San Antonio river that runs right through the middle of downtown. There is a bunch of gr8 resturants and places to shop (for you Syl). It's called The River Walk. And you can take a water taxi to all of these places. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I agree, if you missed the River Walk, you missed a big part of what Texas has to offer. Harry and I spent almost a week there in the early 90's while I was at a conference for work. It was (and I think still is) beautiful and exciting. I met the wife of the guy who makes Picante Sauce - she ran a dress shop behind the art museum near there and we talked for over two hours. She gave me her address, but I never did get back to her - I bet she had quite a place to live. She said she only had the shop in order to get away from Pete (her husband) who uses the shop as a tax write-off. Anyway, another beautiful area of Texas is the Perdinallis River - we toured the LBJ ranch, and we often wondered what would make him leave such a beautiful place for the cut-throat politics of Washington - power, I guess. Corpis Christy (I know the spelling is not correct) was also a large city, but very nice. Hope you had a blast in the heart of Texas - you two are going to come back with a Southern drawl. Love, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete