Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday, May 14

Hi, We spent the most wonderful day at Bellingrath House and Gardens. You will see the pictures. We also took a cruise of the area, included in our tour. Before we went to the Gardens, we visited Battleship Park. You will see the picture of the battleship Louisiana. Quite awesome!

The gardens started out as a little fish camp for recreation purposes for Mr. Bellingrath. He bought one of the first ten Coca Cola franchises in the early 1900s. He was told by his doctor that he had to learn to relax. He and his wife used it as a cottage and eventually built it into a 10,000 square ft. house and 950 acres of ground. The antiques and collections were outstanding. George enjoyed it too!

We hope you got our e-mail about posting in our blog for your comments. Let us know if you have success

7 comments:

  1. That place sure looks beautiful. A bit small though, I think my guest house is a bit bigger :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sure, sure- I too have a little fish camp for recreational purposes.

    ?!? Rich much??

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.K. guys - I'll try this one more time - sure do enjoy your daily chapters - keep up the good work, and the photos are fantastic.
    Eddy and Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love you mommy and george!!! im so glad you are enjoying life together!!! what a gift....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool Pictures-I wish I was there too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I forgot to tell you about the gardens, they are perfect. Still on the green side, Love Tom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again, now I understand what the battleship was doing in with the garden photos. The gardens are beautiful, but I have to agree with Tom, they are somewhat more green than I expected. But very restful - I guess like a fishing pond/camp should be...love, Char

    ReplyDelete